Who you will be working for
Careerpass Network (CPN) was established in 2011 and we’re currently a 30+ employee team spread across the UK.
Our mission is to build the workforce of tomorrow. Our business is comprised of multiple brands which each fulfils a crucial part of the early careers journey and helps us achieve our mission.
Over 1m students and graduates, 1000 employers and 50 universities use our products each year.
The Tech division create, operate and manage a diverse product offering across the group brands. We deliver innovative solutions and empower the business with technology with a focus on the user audience.
We are a young, ambitious and diverse business with a culture closely aligned to our values of: Authenticity, Empowerment, Communication and Integrity.
Reporting to the Tech Director, you will play a crucial role in projects developing the different platforms and software products that underpins the entire business’ systems and brand websites we operate. You’ll be immersed into project work from day one working closely within our tight-knit team of Developers.
As a Senior Developer, you will be involved in all aspects of projects - from researching and planning to implementing solutions. You will also be responsible for ensuring our code submissions are delivered to a high standard and consistently in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Will engage with the wider business to research, scope and plan for solutions and projects that help the business achieve its goals.
• Will develop the codebase and deliver innovative solutions to meet and exceed user expectations and business needs
• Will participate in our peer review quality assurance processes to ensure all code commits are robust, resilient and compliant to our standards
Product maintenance and automated testing
• Will monitor and resolve any production code issues and exceptions within our products across the group in a timely manner
• Will build automated testing to support development
• Will research and keep up to date to the latest industry trends and techniques to ensure the team are delivering high quality and robust technical solutions
• Will manage and organise tasks to ensure it does not impact the business needs
• Will communicate effectively and regularly progress and key updates to the tech team
• Essential: 3+ years of commercial experience working with Laravel PHP framework
• Essential: 3+ years of commercial experience using LEMP stack
• Essential: Be fluent in Object-Oriented Programming principles
• Essential: Love using Git version control
• Ideal: Has commercial experience working with Yii PHP framework
• Ideal: Have a foundation understanding of CentOS servers on an AWS infrastructure
• Ideal: Has knowledge of current technology trends and has a thirst for innovation and staying ahead of curve
• Ideal: Has an understanding of the early careers industry and market
• Proactive and problem-solving aptitude – always striving to exceed expectations with a natural drive to solve problems and challenge the way things are done to make them better
• Highly organised - strong task management experience with an ability to manage their own and other’s time
• Strong communicator – able to convey information in a clear and concise manner and can comfortably engage with stakeholders in the wider business
• Analytical and methodical – strong attention to detail and data driven approach to accomplish key objectives
What we offer:
• Flexible working with remote first approach
• Monthly workspace allocation in multiple locations Nationwide
• Unlimited annual leave allowance
• Flexible benefits package - you chose what works for you and have a monthly allowance to do this
• Company pension
• Life insurance